Offices and Labs
280 CCAH$Davis, CA 95616
+1 530 752 2739
|2012||PhD||University of California-Davis|
|2008||Diplomate ACVIM||University of California-Davis|
|2004||DVM||University of Minnesota|
Our laboratory investigates the molecular basis for genetic diseases in the horse and other companion animals.
Vitamin E-associated Neurodegeneration
One of the translational focuses of the laboratory is to investigate the role of vitamin E in neurodegeneration using a well-established mouse model and a naturally-occurring model of neuroaxonal dystrophy in the horse
2012 James M. Wilson Award, Center for Equine Health, UC Davis
2011 Merial/NIH National Veterinary Scholars Symposium Young Investigator Award, 2nd place
2010-2011 Ann Bowling Scholarship for Equine Genetics
2010 American Association of Equine Practitioners Young Investigator Award
2009 California Thoroughbred Foundation Louis R. Rowan Fellowship
2007 House Office Seminar Day Award, Large Animal Research Study
2004 Dr. Colin Krog Class of 1978 Memorial Scholarship
2003 Joseph E. Salsbury Veterinary Medical Scholarship
2003 Points of Pride Research Day Poster Award
2002 Minnesota Horse Council Scholarship
2008 American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
2001 American Association of Equine Practitioners
CBS Grad Group Affiliations
Integrated Genetics and Genomics
Graduate Groups not Housed in CBS
Comparative Pathology (Vet Med)
9/8/2014 9:32:31 AM
8. Finno CJ, Spier SJ, Valberg SJ. Equine diseases caused by known genetic mutations. Vet J 2009;179(3):336-47.
14. Aleman M, Finno CJ, Higgins R, Puschner B, Gericota B, Gohil K, LeCouteur RA, Madigan JE. Evaluation of epidemiological, clinical, and pathological features of neuroaxonal dystrophy in Quarter Horses; J of Vet Med Assoc 2011;239(6):823-833.
15. Finno CJ, Higgins R, Aleman M, Ofri R, Hollingsworth S, Bannasch DL, Riley C, Madigan JE. Equine Degenerative Myeloencephalopathy in Lusitano horses. J Vet Inter Med 2011 Nov- Dec;25(6):1439-46.
16. Finno CJ, Aleman M, Ofri R, Hollingsworth S, Madigan JE, Winfield L, Bannasch DL. Electrophysiological Studies in American Quarter horses with Neuroaxonal Dystrophy. Vet Ophtho 2012;15(Suppl2):3-7
17. Finno CJ, Valberg SJ. A comparative review of vitamin E and associated equine disorders. J Vet Intern Med 2012;26(6):1251-66
18. Finno CJ, Famula T, Aleman M, Higgins RJ, Madigan JE, Bannasch DB. Pedigree analysis and exclusion of -tocopherol transfer protein as a candidate gene for neuroaxonal dystrophy in the American Quarter horse. J Vet Intern Med 2013;27(1):177-85
21. Finno CJ, Bannasch DL. Applied Equine Genetics. Equine Vet J 2014 May 6. doi: 10.1111/evj.12294. [Epub ahead of print]